What do my patients need to know about traveling with XYREM?
They can avoid problems when traveling with XYREM by using these tips.
Getting ready for their trip:
- Always take enough XYREM for their entire trip. Contact SDS Pharmacy if they will need a refill before the end of the trip.
- Always keep XYREM in its original bottle. The pharmacy label must be on the bottle. Take their dosing cups and liquid measuring syringe.
- Only take as many XYREM bottles as they need for their trip. Store any bottles they leave behind in a secure place.
- Carry their XYREM on the plane with them. Do not store XYREM in checked luggage.
- If traveling by plane in the U.S., check with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The TSA can tell them how to travel with medicines. Contact the TSA at www.tsa.gov or call the XYREM Success Program at 1-866-997-3688.
- If traveling outside the U.S., be aware that XYREM may be subject to a different set of laws in other countries. The pharmacy label must be on the bottle. Bring a note from their doctor. The note should say that they have been prescribed XYREM for their medical condition.
During their trip:
- When they arrive, always keep their XYREM in a secure place. Make sure their second nightly dose is placed in a secure place close to their bed. Keep their XYREM out of reach of children or pets.
- Do not forget their XYREM when they are packing to return home.
- If they forget their XYREM or need a refill when in the U.S., call SDS Pharmacy at 1-866-997-3688. If they are outside the U.S., call SDS Pharmacy at +314-918-6600.
- Call SDS Pharmacy if they have any other questions about traveling with XYREM.
What do they do if their XYREM is lost or stolen while traveling?
If their XYREM is lost or stolen while traveling, report it to the local police right away.Also report it to SDS Pharmacy.
If they have questions, concerns, or need advice regarding XYREM while traveling, please call 1-866-XYREM88 (1-866-997-3688).
To report an adverse event please call: 1-800-520-5568