TRAVELING wITH XYREM
You should make sure you have enough XYREM for your or your child's entire trip and make sure that the XYREM stays safe and secure. If you or your child is prescribed XYREM, just follow these easy tips:
Before the trip
- Always take enough XYREM with you for your or your child's entire trip. Contact the Certified Pharmacy if you will need a refill before the end of the trip.
- Always keep XYREM in its original bottle with the pharmacy label intact.
- Take the dosing cups and liquid measuring syringe.
- Only take as many XYREM bottles as you need for your or your child's trip. Store any bottles you leave behind in a secure place.
- Carry the XYREM on the plane with you. Do not pack XYREM in checked luggage.
- If traveling in the United States, check with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) at www.tsa.gov or call the Certified Pharmacy at 1‑866‑997‑3688 and ask about how to travel with medicines.
- If traveling outside the United States, be aware that XYREM may be subject to a different set of laws in other countries. The pharmacy label must be on the bottle, and bring a note from your healthcare provider that says you or your child has been prescribed XYREM for a medical condition.
- If you need more advice about traveling with XYREM, contact the Certified Pharmacy. The pharmacy is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1‑866‑997‑3688.
During your trip
- When you arrive at your destination, always keep XYREM in a secure place. Make sure the XYREM is placed in a secure place, out of reach of children or pets.
- Do not forget your or your child's XYREM when you are packing to return home.
- If you or your child run out of XYREM while traveling, call a pharmacist at the Certified Pharmacy. If you are traveling overseas, call the Certified Pharmacy at +314‑475‑6000, ext 361587.
- Call the Certified Pharmacy if you have any other questions about traveling with XYREM.
After your trip
- Return the XYREM to the safe, secure spot where you normally keep it.